Maple Panna Cotta
- In a 3-quart saucepan bring maple syrup to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Whisk in half-and-half.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatin over cream mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes or until gelatin is wrinkled and soft.
- Warm gently over low heat, whisking until gelatin is dissolved (do not simmer or bring to a boil). Whisk in vanilla and salt.
- Divide mixture among twelve 6-ounce glasses or bowls. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours until set, or for up to 3 days.
- In a large bowl beat whipping cream and maple sugar with an electric mixer until cream holds soft peaks. To serve, top each serving with whipped cream and garnish with currants, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Make-Ahead Moments: The panna cotta can be made up to 3 days ahead of serving and stored in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts (Maple Panna Cotta)
- Per serving:
- 446 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (18 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 100 mg chol. ,
- 170 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 38 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
Chris Kiss 1341 Days Ago
Extremely sweet...I will cut the maple syrup by at least 1/2 next time. Texture smooth and velvety.