Maple-Nut Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 11x7x1-1/2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- For crust, in a medium bowl stir together flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl combine eggs, mixed nuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and the maple flavoring. Spread filling evenly over hot crust.
- Bake about 20 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars.
- For garnish, if desired, in a large glass measuring cup combine white baking pieces and shortening. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 1 minute or until mixture is melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Spoon or drizzle white chocolate mixture over each bar and top with a pecan half.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts (Maple-Nut Pie Bars)
- Per serving:
- 153 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 91 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.