Maple Mini Cheesecakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until fluffy. Beat in brown sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and flour until combined. Beat in eggs on low speed just until combined; set aside. In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and nutmeg; set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough; cover with plastic wrap. (As you work, keep the phyllo covered to prevent it from drying out; remove sheets as you need them.) Place one sheet of phyllo on a work surface; brush with some of the 1/3 cup melted butter and sprinkle with some of the sugar mixture. Top with a second sheet of phyllo. Repeat brushing, filling, and layering four more times (six sheets total). Brush top with melted butter (do not sprinkle with sugar mixture).
- Cut phyllo stack crosswise into thirds, then lengthwise in half to make six squares. Repeat with the remaining phyllo sheets, melted butter, and sugar mixture to make 12 squares total. Gently press squares into the prepared muffin cups, pleating as necessary to fit. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the chopped pecans into each pastry-lined muffin cup. Divide filling evenly among cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is nearly set in the centers. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- For topping, in a small saucepan stir together maple syrup, 3 tablespoons milk, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla; cool. Spoon topping over cheesecakes. If desired, garnish each cheesecake with a pecan half.
From the Test Kitchen
Place topped mini cheesecakes in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Maple Mini Cheesecakes)
- Per serving:
- 338 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 89 mg chol. ,
- 238 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 22 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.