Maple, Cranberry, and Pecan Sticky Buns
- In a large bowl stir together 3 cups of the all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, cornmeal, milk powder, yeast, and salt. Add the warm water, 1/2 cup of the maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl combine cranberries and enough hot water to cover. Let stand until needed.
- For caramel mixture, pour 3 tablespoons melted butter into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup brown sugar; set aside.
- Roll each dough half into a 12-inch square. Spread 1/4 cup butter over dough. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup. Spread syrup mixture over dough. Drain cranberries. Sprinkle cranberries and pecans over dough. Roll up each square; pinch dough to seal seam. Cut each rolled square into 12 slices. Arrange in the prepared baking pan, overlapping slightly. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle any caramel mixture remaining in pan over rolls. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Coat the inside of a large resealable plastic bag with nonstick cooking spray. Punch dough down and transfer to the prepared bag. Seal bag, leaving space inside bag for dough to expand. Chill for up to 24 hours. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling. Continue as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Maple, Cranberry, and Pecan Sticky Buns)
- Per serving:
- 253 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 247 mg sodium ,
- 43 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.