Mango Habanero Pulled Chicken Bites
- Chop two of the mangoes. In a food processor or blender combine the chopped mangoes and the chile pepper(s). Cover and process or blend until smooth.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker stir together the mango mixture, onion, barbecue sauce, honey, garlic, and black pepper. Add chicken thighs; stir to coat. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board, reserving sauce in cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from bones; discard bones. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds; place meat in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups of the sauce from the cooker to the chicken in bowl; stir well to combine. Cut the remaining mango into 32 thin slices. Serve chicken mixture on top of toasted baguette slices. Garnish each with a mango slice and a sprinkle of green onions.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Mango Habanero Pulled Chicken Bites)
- Per serving:
- 113 kcal ,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 173 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.