Recipes and Cooking Mango-Ginger Banana Bread Be the first to rate & review! In addition to a sweet streusel topping, the batter for this best banana bread recipe is studded with mangoes and dates. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on September 25, 2018 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Kritsada Panichgul Prep Time: 25 mins Bake Time: 55 mins Cool Time: 10 mins Total Time: 25 mins Servings: 16 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 cup all-purpose flour 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon ground ginger 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1 ½ cup mashed bananas (4 to 5 medium) 1 cup sugar ½ cup vegetable oil or melted butter ¼ cup chopped dates ½ cup chopped fresh mango 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour 1 recipe Ginger Streusel-Nut Topping (optional) Ginger Streusel-Nut Topping 3 tablespoon packed brown sugar 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour 4 teaspoon butter ¼ cup chopped pistachios 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9x5x3-inch pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Meanwhile, toss chopped mango in 1 Tbsp. flour. Fold dates and mango into batter. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle Ginger Streusel-Nut Topping over batter. Bake for about 70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on rack. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Ginger Streusel-Nut Topping In a small bowl combine brown sugar and flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pistachios and crystallized ginger. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 214 Calories 8g Fat 35g Carbs 3g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 16 Calories 214 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8g 10% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 23mg 8% Sodium 108mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 35g 13% Protein 3g *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.