Make-Ahead Meat Loaf Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl combine eggs, bread crumbs, mushrooms, carrot, onion, 2 tablespoons ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Add ground beef; mix well.
- Lightly press about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture into each of twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups. Place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Spoon barbecue sauce onto meat mixture. Bake about 30 minutes or until done (160 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions. Spoon a rounded tablespoon of potatoes onto each muffin. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Cool muffins in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer muffins to wire rack; cool completely.
- Place muffins in a single layer in a freezer container; seal and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve, thaw desired number of muffins in the refrigerator overnight. Microwave muffins, two at a time, on 100% power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until heated through.
From the Test Kitchen
Cover the remaining mashed potatoes and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Use as a side dish with another meal. Or use 1 1/4 cups leftover mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts (Make-Ahead Meat Loaf Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 277 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 102 mg chol. ,
- 693 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.