Make-Ahead Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- In a large bowl combine eggs, panko, the 1/3 cup melted butter, the 1/3 cup pepper sauce, the celery, onion, jalapeno pepper, milk, and celery salt. Add ground chicken; mix well. Shape into 32 (1 3/4-inch) balls; flatten slightly to form thick patties.
- If desired, serve 8 patties right away (see tip, below). Place the remaining patties in a parchment-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Freeze about 8 hours or until firm. Divide into three portions (8 patties each). Transfer each portion to a freezer bag or container; seal and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To serve, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add one portion of frozen patties; cook about 12 minutes or until done (165 degrees F), turning once.
To make sandwiches:
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and blue cheese; set aside. In a medium bowl combine the 3 tablespoons melted butter and the 3 tablespoons pepper sauce. Add cooked patties; toss gently to coat.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on bottoms of buns. Fill with chicken patties and coleslaw.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Without freezing the patties, continue as directed in Step 3, except cook patties about 8 minutes or until done (165 degrees F), turning once.
Nutrition Facts (Make-Ahead Buffalo Chicken Sliders)
- Per serving:
- 520 kcal ,
- 35 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 108 mg chol. ,
- 1272 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.