Loaded Creamed Corn with Tomato and Bacon
- In a blender combine the corn from one package and the half-and-half. Cover and blend until smooth. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine blended corn mixture, the remaining corn, the onion, Parmesan cheese, butter, the 1 teaspoon sugar, the salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- In a skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, turning once. Drain bacon on paper towels; cool. Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese and bacon over corn in slow cooker. Cover; let stand for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl stir together tomato, parsley, vinegar, and the 1/8 teaspoon sugar. Before serving, spoon tomato mixture over corn in cooker.
From the Test Kitchen
Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your corn is finished cooking, spoon corn out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts (Loaded Creamed Corn with Tomato and Bacon)
- Per serving:
- 186 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 258 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
How To Video
This casserole is so creamy, delicious and so easy to prepare.
Many thanks for a great recipes and a wonderful produced WEB page and program!
Before serving, I stir the bacon and tomatoes into the corn and then top it with more to make sure everyone gets some.