Lime Couscous with Summer Veggies
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.*
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook and stir carrots in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and green onion; cook and stir 6 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer couscous to large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add carrot mixture.
- In a screw-top jar combine lime juice, oil, honey, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to combine. Top with walnuts and cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, prepare couscous with reduced sodium chicken broth and decrease salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
Nutrition Facts (Lime Couscous with Summer Veggies)
- Per serving:
- 643 kcal ,
- 31 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 9 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 15 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 884 mg sodium ,
- 75 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 19 g pro.
Joanann Monahan Walther 920 Days Ago
I used quinoa instead of couscous.....delish!!!!
Claire Tomm 931 Days Ago
Yep, this one is a winner! I skipped the cheese to create a vegan version, and just added a little bit of extra salt to compensate. Also added basil from my yard, which was a nice touch.