Lightened-Up Traditional Corn Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine crushed crackers, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in milk, egg, and melted butter. Stir in frozen corn.
- Pour corn mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Splenda® Granular or SweetN Low® bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 112 calories, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g sugar. Exchanges: 0 other carb. Carb choices: 1.
Nutrition Facts (Lightened-Up Traditional Corn Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 119 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 233 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.