Lemon-Strawberry Chia Seed Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl combine the water and chia seeds. Whisk in milk, oil, and yogurt.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add chia mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup about three-fourths full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near centers of muffins comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Use a blender or spice grinder to grind the chia seeds.
Choose Splenda Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: Same as above, except 144 cal., 19 g carb. (5 g sugars). Exchanges: 0 carb.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Strawberry Chia Seed Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 157 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 180 mg sodium ,
- 24 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.