Lemon-Poppy Seed Bread
- Coat a 4- to 5-quart oval slow cooker or a 4-quart round slow cooker with cooking spray or line the slow cooker with a disposable liner. In a large bowl stir together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, milk, lemon peel, lemon juice, and the 1 teaspoon vanilla until sugar dissolves. Add sugar mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until combined (mixture should still be slightly lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until top appears set. Turn off slow cooker. Carefully remove lid so condensation from lid does not drip onto bread. Cover opening of slow cooker completely with paper towels; place lid on top. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a knife around edges of slow cooker; remove bread from cooker. Cool completely on a wire rack. If desired, drizzle with Lemon Icing.
- In a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar and lemon peel. Stir in enough lemon juice and/or milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Poppy Seed Bread)
- Per serving:
- 264 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 243 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
hemmcat13 51 Days Ago
Good recipe, but sides of bread burned at 1 1/2 hours. Also reduced poppy seeds to 2 Tbsp as opposed to 1/4 c. (4 Tbsp) and was more than enough. Tasty bread, but will stick to oven when baking.
Barbara Averett 771 Days Ago
Lemon IcingIngredients2cupspowdered sugar1/2teaspoonfinely shredded lemon peelLemon juice and/or milkDirectionsIn a medium bowl combine the powdered sugar and lemon peel. Stir in enough lemon juice and/or milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach drizzling consistency.
byhisside 1468 Days Ago
What lemon icing? lemon icing recipe is only a repeat of cake recipe