Recipes and Cooking Lemon-Lime Bars 4.1 (34) 1 Review Be sure to pour the lemon filling over the crust immediately after you take it out the oven. This will ensure that lemon layer sets. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on March 1, 2013 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 35 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 5 mins Servings: 32 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 cup all-purpose flour ½ cup powdered sugar 2 tablespoon cornstarch ¼ teaspoon salt ¾ cup butter, cut up 4 eggs, lightly beaten 1 ½ cup granulated sugar ⅓ cup half-and-half 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel ⅓ cup lemon juice 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel ⅓ cup lime juice 1 drop green food coloring Sifted powdered sugar (optional) Thin strips of lemon and iime peel (optional) Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Line pan with parchment, pressing the paper onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine the 2 cups flour, the 1/2 cup powdered sugar, the cornstarch and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs (mixture will look dry). Press firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes (crust will still look dry). Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, half-and-half and 3 Tbsp. flour; divide in two bowls. In one bowl add lemon peel and lemon juice; in the other bowl lime peel, lime juice and green food coloring into other half. Pour the lemon filling over hot crust; bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Carefully pour lime filling over lemon filling; bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Use paper to lift uncut bars from pan. Cut into bars. Sift over powdered sugar. Top with lemon and lime peel, if desired. Refrigerate to store. Makes 32 bars. Andy Lyons Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 129 Calories 5g Fat 19g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 32 Calories 129 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 36mg 12% Sodium 67mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 19g 7% Total Sugars 12g Protein 2g Vitamin C 1.9mg 10% Calcium 10mg 1% Iron 0.5mg 3% Potassium 28mg 1% Folate, total 19.6mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.