Lemon Icebox Pie
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs, the 3 tablespoons crushed lemon drops, and melted butter. Press into bottom of a 9- or 10-inch pie plate or 8- or 9- inch springform pan. Set aside.*
- For filling, in a medium saucepan combine the sugar, gelatin, and cornstarch. Add lemon peel, lemon juice, and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir half of the lemon mixture into the egg yolks. Return lemon-egg mixture to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until filling comes to gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in cut-up butter until melted. Transfer to a bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Cool 20 minutes.
- Place yogurt in a large bowl; gradually stir in lemon filling. Carefully spoon into crust-lined pan. Cover and chill overnight.
- For topping, in a medium-size chilled bowl, beat whipping cream to soft peaks; fold in 1 tablespoon crushed lemon drops. To serve, carefully loosen and remove sides of springform pan, if using. Top pie with whipped cream and, if desired, Candied Lemon Slices and fresh mint.
Candied Lemon Slices:
- In a large skillet combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring mixture to a boiling, reduce heat; add lemon slices. Cook for 1 minute, turning once. Transfer to waxed paper to cool.**
From the Test Kitchen
For a crisper crust, bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 5 minutes; cool.
Cover and refrigerate leftover syrup up to 2 weeks. Use to sweeten iced tea or toss with fresh berries for a quick dessert.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Icebox Pie)
- Per serving:
- 335 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 129 mg chol. ,
- 165 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 28 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.
Alexavior Prescott 610 Days Ago
You have put on line a recipe for a pie with an ingredient that I would not dream of putting into a pie.
Dawn Hough 994 Days Ago
These recipes look really good !
Hazel Carpenter 1053 Days Ago
the recipe calls for 1 envelope of the unflavored gelatin. Its written in the recipe...hope you find it. I haven't made it, but will be on Mar 6, 2015 m- Good luck
siew leng 1617 Days Ago
Help! How many teaspoons or grams is 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin?
Suzanne Neville 1744 Days Ago
I absolutely love this pie! So smooth and lemony. I love anything lemon, so this just hit the spot. I served it to guests, and they wanted more. Next time I'll have to make two pies. This is a big treat in our house!