Lemon Curd Crunch Bars
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Lightly butter foil; set pan aside.
- In a 4-quart heavy Dutch oven heat the 1/4 cup butter over low heat until melted. Stir in marshmallows. Cook and stir until marshmallows are melted. Stir in lemon curd and 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel until combined. Add cereal, stirring gently to coat.
- Transfer cereal mixture to the prepared baking pan. Using a buttered spatula or buttered piece of waxed paper, press mixture very firmly and evenly into pan. If desired, sprinkle with crushed lemon drops; press down gently.
- For icing, in a small bowl stir together powdered sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Stir in enough of the milk for icing to to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over bars in pan. Let stand until icing is set.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Using a buttered long knife, cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Curd Crunch Bars)
- Per serving:
- 100 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 9 mg chol. ,
- 56 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.