Recipes and Cooking Lemon-Clementine Spritz Cookies These easy spritz cookies are perfect for the holidays. Flavored with clementine and lemon zest, this Christmas cookie recipe is a guaranteed hit. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on September 25, 2020 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Blaine Moats Prep Time: 40 mins Bake Time: 6 mins Stand Time: 20 mins Total Time: 40 mins Servings: 92 Yield: 92 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ¾ cup butter, softened ⅓ cup sour cream ⅔ cup granulated sugar ½ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt 1 egg 1 teaspoon clementine zest 1 teaspoon lemon zest 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour ⅓ cup finely ground slivered almonds 1 recipe Citrus Icing Yellow or orange colored sugar Citrus Icing 2 cup powdered sugar 1 ½ teaspoon clementine or lemon zest 3 tablespoon clementine or lemon juice Directions Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium to high 30 seconds. Beat in sour cream. Add granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in egg, clementine zest, and lemon zest. Beat in flour and ground almonds. Force the unchilled dough through a cookie press 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 6 minutes or until edges are firm but not brown. Remove; cool on wire racks. Dip tops of cookies in Citrus Icing and sprinkle with yellow or orange sugar. Let stand 20 minutes or until set. Citrus Icing In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and clementine or lemon zest. Stir in clementine or lemon juice. If necessary, stir in enough additional juice to make icing a thin coating consistency. To Store: Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 47 Calories 2g Fat 7g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 92 Calories 47 % Daily Value * Total Fat 2g 3% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 6mg 2% Sodium 22mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 7g 3% Total Sugars 4g Protein 1g Vitamin C 0.4mg 2% Calcium 5mg 0% Iron 0.2mg 1% Potassium 10mg 0% Folate, total 6.9mcg Vitamin B-12 0mcg Vitamin B-6 0mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.