Lemon-Braised Chicken Tenders and Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add frozen chicken tenders. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to plate.
- To the same Dutch oven add onion and cauliflower. Cook 2 minutes until lightly browned. Add garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper; cook 30 seconds more. Add lemon juice. Stir, scraping up brown bit in bottom of pan. Add chicken broth and lemon peel. Bring to boiling; cover and transfer to oven.
- Bake 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Add spinach and green onion; cover and let stand 2 minutes to slightly wilt spinach.
- In a small bowl combine olives, dates, and pistachios. Spoon chicken mixture over cooked rice, if desired. Top with olive mixture and additional lemon peel, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh or Thawed Chicken
Brown chicken but don't return to the Dutch oven in step 2. Proceed as above, baking 10 to 12 minutes. Return chicken to the Dutch oven when you add the spinach and green onion.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Braised Chicken Tenders and Cauliflower)
- Per serving:
- 321 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 73 mg chol. ,
- 585 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.
Lauren Wilhelm-Ligman 1872 Days Ago
Made this for dinner tonight and had our in-laws over. It was an all-around hit! I forgot to add the thyme (I only had dried, not fresh so I am not sure it would have made much of a difference anyway) and it was still delicious! My MIL said she was going to go home and tear the recipe from her copy of the magazine and save it! =)