Leek-Olive Tart with Brie
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut off and discard dark green ends of leeks. Halve white portions of leeks lengthwise. Cut into 1/4-inch pieces (you should have about 4 cups).
- In a large skillet heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add leeks, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until leeks are tender but not brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in thyme.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold puff pastry. Cut off one-third of the pastry at the fold. On a lightly floured surface, roll the remaining pastry into a 14x7-inch rectangle. Place rectangle on the prepared baking sheet. Cut small leaf shapes from the reserved pastry.
- Combine egg and water. Lightly brush pastry rectangle with egg mixture. Fold edges over to create a 3/4-inch ridge; lightly brush ridge with egg mixture. Gently press leaves onto ridge; lightly brush leaves with egg mixture. Sprinkle bottom of pastry with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12 minutes. Spread leek mixture over bottom of pastry (if puffed, pastry will sink when topped with the leek mixture). Bake 5 minutes more or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately place Brie cheese on top of tart and sprinkle with olives. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 4. Cover and chill for up to 30 minutes. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Leek-Olive Tart with Brie)
- Per serving:
- 195 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 32 mg chol. ,
- 270 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.