Lebanese Beef and Tabbouleh Salad
- In a large bowl combine the boiling water and bulgur. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt; set aside.
- For tabbouleh, drain bulgur; return to bowl. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, and green onions. Whisk dressing. Pour dressing over bulgur mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl combine cumin, paprika, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place meat on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 17 to 21 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain. To serve, spoon tabbouleh onto a serving platter. Top with meat slices.
From the Test Kitchen
Nutrition Facts (Lebanese Beef and Tabbouleh Salad)
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 47 mg chol. ,
- 178 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.