Tres Leches Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and flour a 10-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, and water. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thick). Stir in lime peel. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake about 50 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (cake may sink during cooling). Loosen cake from sides of pan; remove sides. Lift cake from pan bottom using a wide metal spatula. Cool cake completely on a wire rack (the bottom of the cake should be cold to the touch).
- Line an 11-inch round straight-side Dutch oven or other 11-inch diameter container with plastic wrap, allowing wrap to hang over edges. Using a serrated knife, split cake in half horizontally. Place top half of cake, cut side up, in prepared container. Top with strawberries. Place cake bottom, cut side down on strawberries. Press down lightly.
- Using a long-tined fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake layers across the entire surface. Slowly pour 4 cups of the Tres Leches Sauce over cake. Cover cake; chill 8 to 12 hours or overnight. Cover and chill remaining mixture.
- About 1 hour before serving, slowly pour 1 cup of the remaining Tres Leches Sauce over cake. Cover and chill cake and remaining Tres Leches Sauce until serving time.
- To serve, in a chilled bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Remove cake from refrigerator; uncover. Place a serving platter with a lip, upside down, over the container; carefully invert. Remove plastic wrap. Spread whipped cream mixture over top and sides of cake. Some of the Tres Leches Sauce will seep out of the cake as it stands. Serve immediately with the remaining Tres Leches Sauce on the side. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Tres Leches Sauce
- In a saucepan combine evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and milk or whipping cream. Cook over medium heat just until boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover; cool completely. Makes about 7-1/2 cups sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Tres Leches Cake)
- Per serving:
- 764 kcal ,
- 37 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 208 mg chol. ,
- 584 mg sodium ,
- 93 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 71 g sugar ,
- 16 g pro.
Kelly Curry 1603 Days Ago
looks like someone reposted the cake ingredients instead of the tres leches ingredients.