- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease an 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pan; set pan aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack about 30 minutes. Serve warm with berries and, if desired, Whipped Cream. Makes 8 servings.
- Chill a medium mixing bowl and beaters of an electric mixer. In chilled bowl beat cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
Nutrition Facts (Busy-Day Cake )
- Per serving:
- 346 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 84 mg chol. ,
- 130 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
ffalley 41 Days Ago
My daughter has custody of the BH&G cookbook that contains this recipe and I was thrilled to find the recipe online. The cake was easy to make and turned out beautifully. I used a half-recipe of a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe to ice it in the 8x8" pan and we all enjoyed it. The cake was even better last night when I had another piece for dessert. It's an old fashioned cake with the perfect texture and flavor. I will be making this recipe often now that I have the recipe again.
ALR3664044DW 229 Days Ago
I'm very happy to have found this recipe! It is simple, but has an interesting flavor. I'd avoid using bargain butter and flour, though.
Sarahjayt 527 Days Ago
This cake was horrible, followed everything but it did not come out good. I used to use this recipe from the book years ago but the recipe has changed and NOT for the better. very dissapointed. tasted dense and too much flour. Tasted like corn bread or a dense pound cake. not light and fluffy. stay away! wasted too much time.
Charlotte Clark 918 Days Ago
This is the cake recipe I use for my crumb cake. The best.
Tammy Novotne 1190 Days Ago
This is my go to small dump cake. I vary it by making it a pineapple upside down cake, apple cake with a can of apple filling and some cinnamon, switch out 1/3 farina or masa for 1/3 of the flour and soak a little simple syrup over it. The possibilities are endless. I have at least 4 BHG cookbooks and this is the recipe I have made the most.
Melissa Dillon 1278 Days Ago
I found a recipe with the same name in an old BHG Cookbook. it's similar, but the measurements are all different (less sugar, more flour, more fat). I'm curious why it was changed. the old version is pure perfection.