Recipes and Cooking Lattice-Top Cranberry Relish Pie Be the first to rate & review! Opt for dried and frozen fruit for this pie and you can make it any time of year! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on February 6, 2018 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 35 mins Cool Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 1 hrs Stand Time: 10 mins Total Time: 35 mins Servings: 8 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 recipe Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup golden raisins 2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel (set aside) ½ cup orange juice 1 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries, thawed 1 cup sugar ¼ cup all-purpose flour 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 tablespoon sugar Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt ½ cup shortening ¼ cup butter, cut into pieces, or shortening ½ cup cold water Directions For filling, in a small saucepan combine dried cranberries, raisins, and orange juice; bring to boiling over medium heat. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer cranberry mixture to a large bowl; stir in fresh or thawed cranberries, the 1 cup sugar, the orange peel, and flour. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry circle. Transfer cranberry mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Trim bottom pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Continue as directed for Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie. Brush top pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake pie for 30 to 35 minutes more or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before cutting. Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie In a large bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until flour mixture is moistened. Gather flour mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Divide pastry in half; form halves into balls. On lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten one pastry ball. Roll it from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Transfer desired filling to pastry-lined pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate. Roll remaining ball into a 12-inch circle and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Transfer desired filling to pastry-lined pie plate. Weave strips over filling in a lattice pattern, twisting strips, if desired. Press strip ends into bottom pastry rim. Fold bottom pastry over strip ends; seal and crimp edge. Bake as directed in recipes. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 511 Calories 19g Fat 81g Carbs 6g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 511 % Daily Value * Total Fat 19g 24% Saturated Fat 7g 35% Cholesterol 42mg 14% Sodium 344mg 15% Total Carbohydrate 81g 29% Total Sugars 41g Protein 6g Vitamin C 14.2mg 71% Calcium 20.2mg 2% Iron 2.5mg 14% Potassium 205mg 4% Fatty acids, total trans 2g Folate, total 88.7mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.