Pincho Moruno (Moorish Lamb Kabobs)
- In a mortar and pestle, combine thyme, salt, cumin, pimenton, peppercorns, and saffron. Grind until combined. Stir in olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine spice mixture, bay leaf, and lamb. Toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Thread the lamb cubes on eight long skewers.* For a charcoal grill, grill lamb on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F), turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place lamb on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.) To serve, sprinkle lamb with parsley. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 1 hour before grilling.
Nutrition Facts (Pincho Moruno (Moorish Lamb Kabobs))
- Per serving:
- 209 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 351 mg sodium ,
- 23 g pro.