- For sauce, in processor or mini chopper place parsley, dill, mint, oil, capers, mustard, and garlic. Cover; process until chopped.
- Trim fat from chops. Remove about one-fourth of the sauce; use to brush on both sides of chops. In a large skillet cook chops over medium heat for 9 to 11 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once.
- For each serving, place a wedge of flatbread on serving plate. Top with some of the spinach leaves. Top with lamb chop. Spoon some of the remaining sauce over lamb. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare sauce and lamb chops as above. For charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Test for medium heat above pan. Place chops on rack over drip pan. Cover and grill to desired doneness: 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F); 18 to 20 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect grilling. Grill as above.)
*To Toast Pita Wedges:
Place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree F oven 7 to 9 minutes or until toasted. Or place on grill rack directly over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, turning once.
Test Kitchen Tip:
To store any remaining sauce, cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 days; or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Herb-Crusted Lamb)
- Per serving:
- 437 kcal ,
- 31 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 20 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 89 mg chol. ,
- 428 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 32 g pro.