Lamb Meatballs with Cranberry Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large bowl combine egg, panko, the 1/4 cup mint, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add lamb and beef; mix well. Shape into 32 meatballs; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring cranberry juice to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Add brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown half of the meatballs at a time in hot oil, turning to brown evenly. Place meatballs in a single layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until done (160 degrees F).*
- Add cranberry mixture to the the skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens to a syrupy consistency. Add meatballs and stir to coat.
- Arrange meatballs on a serving plate; drizzle with cranberry sauce. If desired, serve with Toasted Pita Wedges and sprinkle with mint leaves.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
The internal color of a meatball is not a reliable doneness indicator. A lamb and beef meatball cooked to 160 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a meatball, insert an instant-read thermometer into the center of the meatball.
Toasted Pita Wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees . Cut a pita bread round into 6 wedges and split each wedge in half horizontally. Brush wedges with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place wedges on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts (Lamb Meatballs with Cranberry Drizzle)
- Per serving:
- 101 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 62 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g pro.