- Separate frozen meat into pieces. (If necessary, microwave on 100% power [high] for 30 to 60 seconds or until easy to separate.)
- In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the meat; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from Dutch oven with a slotted spoon and place in a medium bowl. Repeat with the remaining meat. Sprinkle with flour, fennel seeds, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, and onion to Dutch oven. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Carefully add wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until wine is reduced by half.
- Return meat to Dutch oven; stir in broth. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Serve meat mixture in bowls on top of couscous. Sprinkle with parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
To freeze, remove fresh stew meat from original packaging. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm. Transfer to a freezer bag or container; seal and freeze for up to 6 months.
Nutrition Facts (Lamb Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 391 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 50 mg chol. ,
- 541 mg sodium ,
- 47 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.