Lamb Chops with Sweet Potato Chutney
- Preheat broiler. Trim fat from chops. Place chops on the unheated rack of a foil-lined broiler pan; set aside.
- For chutney, in a medium saucepan bring 1 cup of lightly salted water to boiling. Add the chopped sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes. Drain. Place shallots, crushed red pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, dried cranberries, and ginger in saucepan. Stir in sweet potato. Heat until vinegar bubbles; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover and simmer 2 more minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened and sweet potato is tender.
- Broil chops 3 to 4 inches from heat for 10 to 15 minutes for medium (160 degree F), turning meat over after half of the broiling time. Serve chops with the chutney. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Smoked Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Chutney:
Prepare as above, except substitute 4 cooked smoked pork chops cut 3/4- to 1-inch thick for the lamb chops. Broil chops 3 to 4 inches from heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through (140 degrees F), turning meat over after half of the broiling time.
Per chop + 1/3 cup chutney: 299 cal., 7g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 83 mg chol, 1,811 mg sodium, 29 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 28 g pro.
Daily Values: 122% vit. A, 2% vit. C, 3% calcium, 8% iron
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbo., 3 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Lamb Chops with Sweet Potato Chutney)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 80 mg chol. ,
- 109 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.