Lamb Chops with Garlic and Lavender
- Trim fat from chops. In a small bowl combine dried lavender, Italian seasoning, pepper, and sea salt. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chops; rub in with your fingers. Cover and chill chops for up to 4 hours.
- In a medium skillet cook garlic cloves in hot oil over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and soft, stirring occasionally and reducing heat if cloves begin to brown and if oil splatters. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, for a charcoal grill, grill chops on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) or 15 to 17 minutes for medium (160 degrees F). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chops on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.)
- To serve, transfer chops to serving plates. Spoon garlic cloves on grilled chops. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on chops and top with fresh lavender.
From the Test Kitchen
Peel garlic; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Prepare lamb chops as directed through Step 1. Cover and chill chops for up to 4 hours. To serve, grill lamb and cook garlic as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Lamb Chops with Garlic and Lavender)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 64 mg chol. ,
- 263 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.