Recipes and Cooking Key Lime Pie Tassies 5.0 (1) 1 Review Looking for a fun twist on the classic key lime pie flavor? Try our Key Lime Pie Tassies recipe! These bite-sized delights pack all of the delicious flavor from traditional key lime pie but as tasty shortbread cookies. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on August 10, 2020 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 25 mins Chill Time: 2 hrs 30 mins Bake Time: 30 mins Cool Time: 10 mins Total Time: 25 mins Servings: 24 Yield: 24 tassies Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup butter, softened 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened 1 cup all-purpose flour ¼ cup finely chopped macadamia nuts 2 egg yolks ½ of a 14-ounce can (2/3 cup) sweetened condensed milk ½ teaspoon finely shredded lime peel ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 Key limes or 2 to 3 Persian limes) 1 drops green food coloring (optional) 1 recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream (optional) Sweetened Whipped Cream ½ cup whipping cream 1 tablespoon sugar ¼ teaspoon vanilla Directions In a medium mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add flour and macadamia nuts. Beat on low speed just until combined. Cover and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until dough is easy to handle. Preheat oven to 325°F. Shape dough into 24 balls. Press each ball onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cup. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack. Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat egg yolks with a whisk. Gradually whisk in sweetened condensed milk. Add lime peel, lime juice, and, if desired, food coloring. Stir just until combined (mixture will thicken slightly). Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each pastry cup. Bake about 10 minutes more or until centers are set. Cool tassies in muffin cups on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove tassies from muffin cups. Cool completely on wire rack. Chill for 2 to 3 hours or until completely chilled. If desired, before serving, top tassies with Sweetened Whipped Cream. Sweetened Whipped Cream In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed just until soft peaks form (tips curl). To Store: Place tassies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To Make Ahead: Prepare as directed through Step 1. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw dough in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Continue as directed in Step 2. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 103 Calories 7g Fat 8g Carbs 2g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 24 Calories 103 % Daily Value * Total Fat 7g 9% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 32mg 11% Sodium 55mg 2% Total Carbohydrate 8g 3% Total Sugars 4g Protein 2g Vitamin C 1mg 5% Calcium 29mg 2% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 48mg 1% Folate, total 13.3mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.