Jerk Chicken with Avocado-Orange Salsa
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding cumin seeds to cooking liquid. When rice is cooked, fluff with a fork; stir in beans and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and black pepper; keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, ground coffee, garlic powder, thyme, allspice, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Lay chicken flat; rub with spice mixture. Season with additional salt.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place chicken on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (180 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- For salsa, in a small bowl combine avocado, oranges, onion, lime juice, and oil. Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper.
- Serve chicken over rice mixture; top with salsa.
Nutrition Facts (Jerk Chicken with Avocado-Orange Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 409 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 115 mg chol. ,
- 616 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 33 g pro.