Jerk Chicken Thighs with Mango-Pineapple Relish
- Lightly coat the inside of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in cooker; set aside.
- For sauce, in a food processor or blender combine soy sauce, molasses, oil, ginger, jalapeno pepper, garlic, jerk seasoning, and, if desired, cayenne pepper. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Pour 2/3 cup of the sauce over chicken; toss to coat. Cover and chill the remaining sauce until needed. Add orange wedges and onion to cooker, arranging evenly on top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Lightly coat an unheated broiler pan or baking sheet with cooking spray. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to the prepared broiler pan. Brush with the reserved sauce. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is browned. Serve with Mango-Pineapple Relish.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- In a medium bowl combine mangoes, pineapple, cabbage, mint, honey, and salt.
Nutrition Facts (Jerk Chicken Thighs with Mango-Pineapple Relish)
- Per serving:
- 453 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 258 mg chol. ,
- 995 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 54 g pro.