Italian Roasted Chicken and Veggie Toss
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Arrange chicken, skin sides up, in one half of prepared pan. In other half of pan arrange carrots and onion. Roast 25 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, and sweet pepper to carrots and onion. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with 2 Tbsp. of the oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Roast 25 minutes more or until chicken is done (170 degrees F) and vegetables are tender. Set chicken aside until cool enough to handle. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Remove and discard chicken skin and bones. Shred chicken using two forks. Add chicken and any juices in pan to vegetables; toss. In a small bowl whisk together remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, vinegar, and Italian seasoning. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange salad greens on a platter. Spoon chicken mixture over greens and sprinkle with cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
Use any combination of 8 cups torn fresh salad greens as a bed for this dish.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Roasted Chicken and Veggie Toss)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 51 mg chol. ,
- 217 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.