Italian Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Toss
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray or line with foil. Arrange chicken, skin sides up, in one half of the roasting pan. In the other half of the pan arrange the carrots and onion wedges. Roast, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Add zucchini, sweet pepper, and mushrooms to the carrots and onion. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with 2 tablespoons of the oil and sprinkle with the salt and black pepper.
- Roast, uncovered, about 25 minutes more or until chicken is done (170 degrees F) and vegetables are tender. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle. Transfer vegetables to a bowl.
- Remove and discard chicken skin and bones. Shred chicken using two forks. Add chicken and any juices in pan to vegetables; toss. In a bowl whisk together vinegar, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the Italian seasoning. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange salad greens on a platter or divide among four plates. Spoon chicken mixture over greens. Sprinkle with cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
Use any combination of torn fresh salad greens as a bed for this dish.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Toss)
- Per serving:
- 219 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 51 mg chol. ,
- 217 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.