Italian Garden Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Oil a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cheese, the parsley, crushed red pepper, and salt; set aside.
- For sauce: In a small saucepan cook garlic in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil over medium heat 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add our; stir to combine. Add broth, lemon zest and juice, and vinegar. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining cheese.
- Arrange frozen artichoke hearts in prepared dish. Scatter tomatoes over artichokes. Drizzle sauce over vegetables. Top with bread crumb mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Bake 15 minutes more or until lightly browned on top. Top with basil.
From the Test Kitchen
Up to 8 hours ahead of cooking time, combine the crumb mixture as directed in step 1 and make the broth mixture as directed in step 2. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Garden Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 201 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 11 mg chol. ,
- 335 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
homeplace4 305 Days Ago
Needs some editing - recipe says "our"; I think it should say to 'add in the 2 teaspoons of all -purpose flour - very important, the sauce will not thicken.
stitchkat 339 Days Ago
Haven't tried this one. The recipe need some EDITING! Add "our"? 139 baking dish?