- Heat pasta sauce according to package directions. Transfer to a fondue pot. Keep sauce warm (not bubbling) on low-heat setting.
- Cut ciabatta bread in half horizontally. Coat cut sides of bread with cooking spray. In a grill pan cook bread, cut sides down, over medium heat for 1 to 3 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Rub bread with garlic. Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- On sixteen 6-inch wooden skewers thread toasted bread, pepperoni, cheese, and sweet pepper. (Or let people thread their own skewers.)
- Dip assembled skewers into pasta sauce, swirling skewers as you dip. Remove food from skewers and place on individual plates to eat.
From the Test Kitchen
Look for a pasta sauce that is low in sodium, such as Prego Heart Smart®.
Ask the worker behind the deli counter to slice the pepperoni 1/4 inch thick.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Fondue)
- Per serving:
- 220 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 26 mg chol. ,
- 653 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.