Individual Italian Quiches
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape chilled Pastry Dough into twenty 1-1/2-inch balls. Place each ball into a 2-1/2-inch muffin cup. Press dough into bottoms and up sides of muffin cups. Set aside.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine cheese, sweet pepper, the 1/4 cup pancetta, the green onion, flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Divide mixture evenly among pastry shells.
- In the same bowl beat together eggs and half-and-half. Pour egg mixture over filling in each pastry shell.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand in muffin cups for 5 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, gently loosen edges of the shells from the sides of muffin cups; remove from the cups. Cool slightly. Serve warm. If desired, garnish with crisp-cooked pancetta and/or parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed; cool completely. Place quiches in a single layer in an airtight container. Seal and chill for up 24 hours. Or label and freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, if frozen, thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until heated through.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts (Individual Italian Quiches)
- Per serving:
- 158 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 60 mg chol. ,
- 205 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.