Individual Brownie Cheesecakes in Jars
- Allow cream cheese and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, coat twelve 4-ounce canning jars with cooking spray. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each jar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small saucepan cook and stir chocolate over low heat until melted; cool slightly. In a small bowl lightly beat eggs with a fork; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, flour, and liqueur. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Stir in eggs and milk until combined. Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the batter to a medium bowl; stir in melted chocolate.
- Spoon plain batter evenly into the prepared jars, filling each about half full. Spoon chocolate batter over top of plain batter, filling each jar nearly full. Place jars in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan or 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Place pan on oven rack. Pour enough boiling water into the baking pan to reach halfway up the sides of the jars.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and set when gently shaken (cheesecakes will fall slightly as they cool). Carefully remove jars from water; cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, top cheesecakes with caramel topping and sprinkle with peanuts and/or caramel corn.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Nutrition Facts (Individual Brownie Cheesecakes in Jars)
- Per serving:
- 305 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 73 mg chol. ,
- 191 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 24 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.
brendab73outlo 68 Days Ago
For those wanting the decoration directions, Once the cheesecakes cool, place the lids on the jars. Cut the toe from one baby sock, and wrap the cut end with twine. Glue pom-poms on each end of the twine. Slide the sock hat over the top jar. Make a cone with a piece of orange construction paper for the nose and glue to the jar, along with two black pom-poms for eyes. Stack on top of another jar. Embellish the bottom jar with a ribbon "scarf" tied around the lid and two pom-pom "buttons" in a matching color.
jdhouse2 362 Days Ago
I am also disappointed that the decoration info was not included at the end of the recipe. For others info, look on the website under Christmas - Christmas crafts - mason jar crafts. The instructions are titled Snowman Cheesecake in a Jar.
maryslusar89977 367 Days Ago
What is the point of showing the recipe in cute jars that are made to look like snowman if you don't include instructions on how to make the cute little hat.