Indian Spiced Lentils with Spinach
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker combine the first ten ingredients (through turmeric).
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Stir in coconut milk and spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked rice with orange wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
Pressure Cooker Directions
In a 6-qt. electric or stove-top pressure cooker combine the first 10 ingredients (through turmeric). Lock lid in place. Set an electric cooker on high pressure to cook 15 minutes. For a stove top cooker, bring up to pressure over medium-high; reduce heat enough to maintain steady (but not excessive) pressure. Cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat. For both models, let stand 15 minutes to release pressure naturally. Release remaining pressure. Open lid carefully. Stir in coconut milk and spinach. Season to taste with black pepper and additional salt. Serve over rice with orange wedges.
Nutrition Facts (Indian Spiced Lentils with Spinach)
- Per serving:
- 496 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 823 mg sodium ,
- 81 g carb. ,
- 10 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.