Indian Spiced Chicken Casserole
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add 1/2 cup onion; cook about 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, 2 teaspoons garam masala, 2 teaspoons cumin, and chili powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Carefully add tomato puree; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in yogurt, whipping cream, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in chicken. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl combine three-fourths of the paneer, the cream cheese, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon cumin, and turmeric. Stir in spinach.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Transfer half of the chicken mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the vermicelli; spread evenly with spinach mixture. Top with the remaining vermicelli and the remaining chicken mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 65 to 70 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining paneer. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. If desired, sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts (Indian Spiced Chicken Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 428 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (15 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 111 mg chol. ,
- 779 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.
Paula Jo 1064 Days Ago
Cheese, yogurt, whipping cream, cream cheese. Boy, this recipe is a heart attack on a plate!