Spring Fling Icebox Dessert
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together crushed cookies and butter. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy foil. Press crumbs into bottom of foil-lined pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine boiling water and gelatin; stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in the chilled grape juice or lemonade. Chill until partially set (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. With mixer running at low speed, gradually beat in partially set gelatin.
- In a chilled small mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into gelatin mixture. Chill again until mixture mounds when spooned.
- Turn gelatin mixture into crumb-lined pan. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift dessert from pan. To serve, cut dessert into squares. Top with strawberries with leaves and mint sprigs, if desired. Makes 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spring Fling Icebox Dessert)
- Per serving:
- 329 kcal
- 20 g
- (12 g
- 58 mg
- 205 mg
- 35 g
- 1 g
- 5 g