Lemon Drop Icebox Dessert
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together 1-1/2 cups crushed cookies and the butter. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy foil. Press crumbs into bottom of foil-lined pan; chill.
- In a large mixing bowl combine boiling water and gelatin; stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in the chilled lemonade. Chill until partially set (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites), about 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. With mixer running at low speed, gradually beat in partially set gelatin.
- In a chilled small mixing bowl beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold about 1/2 cup gelatin mixture into the whipping cream; fold into the remaining gelatin mixture.
- Turn gelatin mixture into crumb-lined pan. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift dessert from pan. To serve, cut dessert into squares. Top with Candied Lemon Slices, if desired. Makes 9 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
When slicing your lemons for the candied lemon slices, make sure your lemons do not have much pith, as the pith is bitter. If your lemons do have excess pith, save those particular lemons for juicing.
Candied Lemon Slices
- In large skillet combine sugar and water; bring to boiling. Add lemons, thinly sliced. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until just softened. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Drop Icebox Dessert)
- Per serving:
- 359 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 60 mg chol. ,
- 313 mg sodium ,
- 37 g carb. ,
- 26 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.