Grilled Strawberries with Limoncello Sorbet
- In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar and the water. Bring to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, and limoncello. Cover and chill.
- Transfer mixture to a 2- to 4-quart ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Transfer sorbet to a nonmetallic freezer container. Cover and freeze for 8 to 24 hours or until firm.
- On sixteen 6-inch skewers*, thread strawberries, leaving 1/4 inch between pieces. Dip strawberries into powdered sugar, turning to coat.
- For a charcoal grill, place strawberry skewers on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-low coals. Grill about 6 minutes or until strawberries are heated through, turning frequently to heat evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place strawberry skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Serve strawberries with sorbet. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Strawberries with Limoncello Sorbet)
- Per serving:
- 308 kcal ,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 4 mg sodium ,
- 78 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 71 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.