Fat-free Watermelon Sherbet
- Place watermelon cubes in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. (There should be 3 cups of the mixture.) Stir in sugar.
- In a small saucepan combine gelatin and cranberry juice cocktail. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir mixture over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the melon mixture. Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Break up frozen mixture and place in a chilled mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed or until mixture is fluffy.
- Return to pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Pack in airtight freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Fat-free Watermelon Sherbet)
- Per serving:
- 83 kcal ,
- 3 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 1 g pro.
April Driggers 1515 Days Ago
I have a copy of this recipe torn from the magazine from 8/2011 and it says 5 cups of watermelon. This says 2. Which is correct?