Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream
- In canister container for an 4-quart ice cream freezer, combine sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in cream, milk, vanilla, and salt. Whisk thoroughly until sugar is dissolved.
- Place lid over ice cream freezer container. Place container in bucket. Attach motor piece to lid and sides of bucket according to manufacturers directions. Pack 6 cups of ice around the container. Sprinkle ice with 1 cup rock salt. Repeat packing with 6 cups ice and sprinkling with 1 cup rock salt until bucket is filled to the top of the container. Plug in electric ice cream maker. When motor comes to a stop, unplug immediately. Stir in toffee pieces.
- Serve immediately or place in freezer to harden ice cream; use within 1 week. Makes about 1 quart ice cream (about 4 cups).
From the Test Kitchen
For No Ice, No-Salt Ice Cream Maker:
In a large mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Stir in 1 cup whipping cream, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and a dash of salt. Whisk thoroughly until sugar is dissolved. Freeze according to manufacturers directions. When finished, stir in 1/3 cup chocolate-covered toffee pieces. Makes about 2-1/3 cups ice cream.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate Toffee Crunch Ice Cream)
- Per serving:
- 448 kcal ,
- 30 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 92 mg chol. ,
- 165 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 40 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.