Recipes and Cooking Hot Grains Power Bowl 3.8 (22) Add your rating & review A handful of shredded carrot, plus cinnamon and nutmeg, infuse each bite of this whole grain bowl recipe with the flavors of carrot cake! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 20, 2017 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Total Time: 15 mins Servings: 1 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk ¼ cup multigrain hot cereal ¼ shredded carrot 2 tablespoon chopped dried apricot 1 teaspoon orange zest ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon pinch ground nutmeg pinch salt Orange slices Chopped toasted almonds Honey Directions In a small saucepan combine almond milk, cereal, carrot, apricot, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Bring to boiling. Stir and cover; reduce heat to low. Cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. To serve, stir in additional almond milk to desired consistency. Top with orange slices, almonds, and honey. Andy Lyons Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 285 Calories 6g Fat 58g Carbs 7g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 1 Calories 285 % Daily Value * Total Fat 6g 8% Sodium 306mg 13% Total Carbohydrate 58g 21% Total Sugars 35g Protein 7g Vitamin C 39.7mg 199% Calcium 418mg 32% Iron 1.8mg 10% Potassium 817mg 17% Folate, total 37.5mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.