Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Coat 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking spray. In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium 30 seconds. Beat in sugar, baking powder, and salt, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and, if desired, almond extract. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. If necessary, cover and chill dough 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Press dough balls into bottom and up sides of prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Repress the centers with the rounded side of a measuring spoon. Let cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove cups from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Break a pretzel twist to make 2 curved handles. Lightly dip the ends of one handle into the melted candy coating and press the handle onto the cookie cup. Hold in place for about 5 seconds to allow candy coating to lightly set. Repeat with remaining pretzels and cookies. Let cookie cups stand for 15 minutes or until candy coating is fully set.
- Fill each cookie cup with chocolate ganache and sprinkle with marshmallow bits.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unfilled cookie cups between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Decorate and fill cookie cups just before serving.
- In a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes. Makes about 2 cups.