Honeyed Yogurt Pumpkin Pie with Pistachio-Coconut Streusel
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten pastry. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim to 1/2 inch beyond edges of plate; crimp edges as desired. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes; remove foil. Bake 6 to 8 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl beat cream cheese and yogurt with a mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and honey. Stir in sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into baked pastry shell. Sprinkle with Pistachio-Coconut Streusel. Cover edges of pie with foil.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set. Cool on wire rack. Cover and chill within 2 hours. If desired, drizzle with additional honey.
From the Test Kitchen
In a medium bowl stir together 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour and 1 Tbsp. each packed brown sugar and rolled oats. Using a pastry blender, cut in 2 Tbsp. butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 2 Tbsp. each chopped pistachio nuts and flaked coconut.
Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time (1/4 to 1/3 cup total), until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
Nutrition Facts (Honeyed Yogurt Pumpkin Pie with Pistachio-Coconut Streusel)
- Per serving:
- 469 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 130 mg chol. ,
- 452 mg sodium ,
- 49 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 27 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.