Honey-Rose Plum Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart round baking dish.
- For the biscuits, combine the 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add milk and olive oil to the flour mixture. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside.
- For filling, combine the wine, honey, and 2 tablespoons flour in an extra-large skillet. Stir in the plums. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Unwrap dough and roll out to 1/2-inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut into rounds using a 2-inch round cutter. Transfer plum mixture to prepared baking dish (dish will be full). Arrange the biscuits over the filling, slightly overlapping as needed. Sprinkle tops of biscuits with additional sugar.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Remove from oven. Top cobbler with crumbled goat cheese. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Top with additional sliced plums and drizzle with honey.
From the Test Kitchen
Place a baking sheet below the dish to catch an drips during baking.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Rose Plum Cobbler)
- Per serving:
- 367 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 7 mg chol. ,
- 234 mg sodium ,
- 58 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 33 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.