Honey-Glazed Pumpkin-Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottoms and 1/2 inch up sides of two 9x5-inch loaf pans. In a medium bowl stir together first six ingredients (through ginger).
- In an extra-large bowl beat sugar and oil with a mixer on medium until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add flour mixture and the water alternately, beating on low after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin and banana. Spread batter in prepared pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight.
- To serve, spoon Honey Glaze over loaves and sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
From the Test Kitchen
Place cooled loaves in freezer bags and freeze up to 3 months. To serve, thaw wrapped loaves in refrigerator overnight.
- In a bowl beat butter and honey with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in powdered sugar. Beat in enough milk (about 1 teaspoon) to make glaze a thick, spoonable consistency. Makes 1/2 cup
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Glazed Pumpkin-Banana Bread)
- Per serving:
- 184 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 219 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.